Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Skoki Girls Weekend

My good friend Amy and I went on a two night backpacking trip over the August long weekend. It had been a few years since either of us had been backpacking, but when, earlier in the summer, she suggested we get away for a weekend, I was all for it. Having heard a lot of positive talk about the Skoki area (even Will and Kate went there!) I booked us into two backcountry campgrounds for the weekend. The scenery didn't disappoint and the weather was amazing. The only problem was the bugs - the mosquitoes and horse flies were incessant with their swarming and biting.

Both Amy and I are taking on new and exciting challenges this fall - Amy is moving to the Vancouver area to attend the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine and I'm starting a Ph.D. program (in geology) at the University of Calgary. If all goes well, in four years, you can call us both doctors. :)
...
Amy standing among the pink paintbrushes

View towards Mt. Temple (by Lake Louise)

Ptarmigan Lake

Baker Lake

Friends for twenty years :)

No comments: