Saturday, 24 September 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!

On September 23rd, John and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary (actually, we celebrated it 2 weeks earlier with a 2 night stay at the Emerald Lake Lodge). John surprised me with a beautiful bouquet when he arrived home from work. I'm definitely a lucky girl :)

For those who may not know our history, John and I met in Calgary on May 10, 2002. We were both working for Shell, me as a summer student and John as a full-time employee (although, surprisingly enough, we didn't actually meet at Shell). That fall, I moved back to Edmonton to complete my M.Sc. We did a Calgary-Edmonton long distance relationship for 2 years, until I moved back to Calgary in August of 2004 to start work at Nexen. We were engaged on May 13, 2005 (John proposed in Prince's Island Park after a lovely dinner at River Cafe) and married in September 2006 at The Ranche in Fish Creek Park.
...
Thanksgiving 2002 (I don't know why my scanner made this pic look all weird)

September 23, 2006

September 17, 2011

No comments: