By Friday night, I'd had enough vacation (actually, if I'm honest, I'd had enough of parenting my kids in a trailer...), so I suggested to John that we attempt the long drive home in one day. I hadn't made any campground reservations after Harrison Hot Springs, so we wouldn't be forfeiting any deposits or anything of the sort.
We left Harrison Hot Springs at 8:30 AM and drove until we had to stop for gas in Merritt. After a refuel at the Shell and the T. Ho., we made our way to the Enchanted Forest, just west of Revelstoke for lunch and a chance to run around and have some fun. Three hours later we left and then arrived in Golden around 7 pm, just in time for dinner. The girls fell asleep shortly after we left Golden and remained that way until we arrived home at 12:30 AM. It was a long drive, but I think after 13 days we were all pleased to be home and sleep in our own beds.
So, in the end, it was a successful trip. It's not one we'll be doing every summer but we'll definitely do it again. We're half considering buying a (bigger) trailer, however we would first need to buy a new truck and figure out where we would store the thing.
I think Meredith said it best - I asked her if she was having fun camping and she replied, "yes, it better than at home." Although, I think that's probably because doesn't usually get warm, gooey marshmallows and fresh blackberries at home :)
...
Harrison Hot Springs
The girls in their private pool. The beach sediment was quite silty and rusty and after seeing all the warning signs around I was completely paranoid they were going to get swimmer's itch from the water.
We rented a quadricycle to tour the town. Charlotte and Meredith wouldn't stop squeaking the darn horn...
Charlotte's first pub grub
Rubbermaid bath time
Meredith convalescing after having dropped a heavy rock on her toe (I'm still not quite sure why she was carrying the rock to begin with)
Her favourite thing to do at the campground was being pushed on the tire swing
John had to have his turn too
At the Enchanted Forest
The girls in one of the little pig's houses
1 comment:
Love all your photos. They look like a photographer took them! So glad to hear you had a nice vacation and no trailer troubles. Most people seem to have at least one thing go wrong with the trailer - you guys lucked out. The girls are going to be pro campers for girl guides :)
Post a Comment