I knew I wanted to do something special for our 5th anniversary (sans enfants) but knew we wouldn't be able to get away for too long (we had been thinking of San Fran or Vegas or something of the like). I was looking for something a little closer to home and I remembered the Emerald Lake Lodge in Yoho National Park. Being a geologist and mountain lover, I've always wanted to go there. It's located on the shores of a glacier fed lake, sitting underneath the Burgess Shale - what could possibly be better? ;)
While Grandma Carolyn graciously watched the girls for us, we had a wonderful getaway. We did home hiking, sleeping in and Scrabble playing in front of our wood-burning fireplace. It was very relaxing and a chance just to hang out, just the two of us, something that hasn't really happened since our trip to Cape Cod last fall. Thanks again, Grandma!
...
The view from our balcony

Hiking the Iceline

Small waterfalls at the terminus of the Emerald Glacier

Stopping for lunch during the hike

View of Daly Glacier, which feeds Takakkaw Falls

Takakkaw Falls

John at the Natural Bridge in Yoho Park

2 comments:
Beautiful pictures....from your hike?
Mom
Happy Anniversary. Isn't Emmerald so beautiful and romantic?! Good on ya for getting away.
Post a Comment