Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!

As we celebrated Meredith's birthday last weekend, we didn't do much today to mark the occasion. I did take Merrie to the park where she got to go down the slide and watch all the other little kids playing. And we got an unexpected call this afternoon from abroad - thanks for the auguri Mirella!

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Meredith turning one today. I'm happy that we've made it this far in one piece, sad that she's not going to be a baby much longer, relieved that the first year is over and optimistic that the coming years will be very rewarding.

John went back to work yesterday so Merrie is now in daycare full time. She's not sleeping or eating much during the day at this point, but I've heard that's pretty common while children are making the transition into daycare. I'm sure she'll quickly get used to her new schedule.
...
The mandatory just-a-few-days-old picture...

...to compare to her latest picture (she found where we keep our keys!), complete with the learning to walk bruises on her head

Playing in the fort John made her (Dads are so fun!)

Wishing Dad a Happy Father's Day

Playing with her new toys out on the deck at the lake

Having fun (?) swimming in the slightly cold water in her pool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma C says you can never be too young for a fort! They are sooooo much fun.