Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Quote of the day

Evening conversation while beading necklaces.

Meredith: Mom, I have a difficult decision to make at daycare.
Me: What's that?
Meredith: I have to decide if I want to marry Benny or Ty. And Liam wants to marry me too. Who do you think I should choose?
Me: Well, who do you enjoy being around? Who is kind and makes you laugh?
Meredith: Well, Ty and I are in love. We sit together at circle time and sometimes lean our heads together.
Me: Do you ever play together?
Meredith: No, we just see each other at circle time.
Me: How about the other two? Do you spend time with them?
Meredith: Not really. Sometimes with Benny. Marley and Susanna are in love with Benny. Who do you think I should choose?
Me: I can't make that decision for you. I don't know any of them very well.
Meredith: Maybe I should marry all of them.
Me: Unfortunately, that's against the law.
Meredith: Oh.
Me: Do you have to marry any of them? Can you just be friends?
Meredith (sighing): I think that might be the fair thing to do. Boys are difficult.
Me: Indeed they are.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I wish I knew this important piece of information at such a young age! What a clever little girl!