Sunday, 29 August 2010

Hiking: Rawson Lake

John's sister Stacey was in town visiting for 8 days and we decided to take her on her first mountain hike. We chose Rawson Lake in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park as it was less than 10km return (our limit with kids) and provided a lovely destination. Stacey did great, as did the girls. Hopefully we'll have a nice autumn and we can go out again before the snow flies.

However, one thing complicating our hiking is the fact that Merrie is now potty trained. While I am very happy with her accomplishment, it makes trips and hiking a lot more difficult. No longer will we be able to drive or hike 1.5 hours without stopping and if I were John I'd definitely be nervous about my cargo in the backpack peeing on me! I guess I might as well teach her early how to pee in the bush - we'll definitely be doing a lot of camping and hiking as she gets older and she might as well get used to it. ;)
...

Merrie enjoying her juice box

Mom and Charlotte

Merrie (still enjoying the trail mix) and Auntie Stacey

The view at the top

Daddy and his little hikers

Baby Charlotte

No comments: