Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Meredith's new chair

Grandma Hagstrom has been down the past couple of weeks to help around the house while I'm taking it easy. She noticed that Meredith always tries to stand or sit on top of boxes so she thought she would buy her a toddler chair to sit in. It's been completely worth the $5 investment - she sits in it all the time and carries it around the family room. Hopefully when our basement is done we can add a table and a few more chairs and she'll have a nice place to sit and hang out.

Meredith's vocab has been rapidly expanding as of late (they weren't kidding about the term word explosion!). She's added a lot of functional words - up, down, hot, mine, help, uh-oh, play - and has started putting 2 words together (more, mama! or ball mine!). She's also now in the toddler room at daycare and the caregivers mentioned that she's handling the transition really well.

As for me and baby, we're also doing well. Baby is still inside and the placenta is staying put, which is all that matters at this point. I'm not going completely crazy at home yet, although I've had company which really helps. Hopefully I can last another 14 weeks :)
...
Peeking over the arm of the couch

A happy girl in her chair with Boo

2 comments:

natalie said...

Very smart of you to go for the plastic chair rather than the upholstered mini armchair I decided to get for Eve. That thing is SO filthy now, I can't even bring myself to keep it in the room. Meredith's will be far easier to clean, smart choice!

Glad to hear baby and you are doing well. Hang in there both of you!

Anonymous said...

did you let John sneak into the blog while you weren't looking and update the title? :) It's catchy - and somehow I am feeling quite thirsty now! Must be beer o'clock here in Vietnam!
Glad to hear all is well!
Erin