Meredith performed in her first recital this evening. Her end of year ballet recital was supposed to be last Saturday, but with the flood it was postponed to Monday, and then postponed again to tonight. Meredith was part of the "Little Bo Peeps," who was the youngest group to perform. They did a wonderful job and it was heartwarming to see her perform and interact with other girls on the stage.
It's unlikely that Meredith will be in ballet again next year - the dance company changed its schedule and her class will start at 4:15 pm in the fall. Once again, Merrie misses out on an activity because both her parents work and don't have a nanny (and therefore no one to take her to early evening activities). A group of my mommy co-workers and I were sharing our frustration with this situation earlier today - we want to register our kids in extra-curricular activities but only a handful of classes are available during evenings and weekends, and these classes fill up so quickly that if you miss the registration date by a few days/hours there's no way the kid can get in.
Oh well, I'm convinced I wasn't made to be a dance mom anyway... ;)
...


1 comment:
Yup, I can relate to the frustration. The only other alternative is a late bedtime which I have learned is not worth it either.
At least you got cute photos!!
Post a Comment