Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Hiking - Lillian Lake

For our inaugural 2012 family hike, we decided to go to Lillian Lake in Kananaskis. Although we had the intention of encouraging Meredith to hike as far as she could, we brought both child carriers with us, prepared for the worst. Merrie impressed us both, hiking close to 4 km out of the total 12 km. I won't say anything about my packing skills, other than we were VERY lucky that Charlotte didn't need a diaper change for the 5 hours we were on the trail...

Next time we'll have to make it a shorter hike, as although 12 km is fine for me and John, 3+ hours in a carrier isn't much fun for Charlotte or Merrie. But, if I'm honest, the 4 km that we hiked alongside Merrie were probably the most enjoyable. So, I don't think neither John or I are all that disappointed. :)
...



The best part of the day: blowing bubbles at our destination :)

1 comment:

Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Merrie is such a strong lil one!
Good for her. That is a heck of a long way for wee legs.