Monday, 10 May 2010

Mother's Day #2

I had been hinting to John that I wanted to go to the Banff Springs Hotel for brunch before the baby arrived so he and Meredith surprised me with reservations for their Mother's Day brunch. I was excited for the fact that there would be lots of food that Meredith would probably eat but she was far too distracted with all the people around and only ended up eating a few grapes and strawberries, a bit of a muffin, 2 glasses of juice and some smarties. At least we didn't have to pay for her.

It's safe to say that I'm done with being pregnant - I'm 36 weeks and really hoping that baby will come soon. We moved Meredith into her big girl room last weekend and so far it's been going really well. I think her bed is much more comfortable than her crib mattress - her naps have been up to 3 hours and this morning she didn't want to get out of bed at all. All I heard from her room was "bye-bye Dada" and "all done Dada" when John got her up - basically her way of telling John to go away. Luckily he's not easily offended ;)
...
At Bow Falls

Family pic at Bow Falls

Merrie's reaction to seeing a puppy

We've started watching videos and songs online. Her favourite is a Sesame Street video with Feist singing about counting to 4. It's the only one she'll watch and it's been running through my head continuously for about 5 days now.

1 comment:

Kris and Krista Jewett said...

Gorgeous family photos! Good luck with your last few pregnant weeks, we'll be watching for the news!