Saturday, 24 April 2010

New Driveway

One of the advantages of me being at home is that I can supervise all the construction that's been going on. A few weeks ago I interviewed and hired a concrete contractor to build us a new driveway and patio. This and the basement are the last of the renos we wanted to do on the house - it's only taken us 6 years! Hopefully the weather and sub-trades will cooperate and all of the work will be done by the time baby arrives.

To save money on the driveway my Dad supplied us with rebar and convinced John to install it. Meredith and I went to the mall this morning to give John some time to do the work. We came home and Merrie immediately started to help by dragging rebar from the pile to where John was working. I thought it was super cute :)

On the development front, I bought Merrie a potty while at the mall today. She's been showing signs of being ready for a couple of months now but I haven't been wanting to start partly out of laziness and partly because I wasn't ready to come to terms with the fact she's ready to potty train! I've also been getting her big girl room ready - once the basement is done we'll move her in.
...

She tried to pick up the 20 mm rebar but it was a little too heavy - she had much more success with the 10 mm


The rake of power!

What will be the new patio

The driveway

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking good. That patio will be wonderful! What did you decide for a concerete finish? You are right, that is a big area!!