Monday, 8 February 2010

Let the fun begin!

John and I finally made a decision and selected a contractor to renovate our basement. To save money we also decided to do the demo ourselves (read: John does the demo). He had a couple of buddies over Saturday and they demolished the fireplace and hearth, and yesterday we managed to get most of the drywall and studs down. It already looks like a different basement! The plan is to have everything done by mid-May before baby #2 arrives.
...
Before: the weirdo basement kitchen

The corner where the new bedroom will be

The old fireplace

Now: looking towards the weirdo kitchen

Having fun trashing stuff

Meredith enjoying the open floor space just after the kitchen was removed

Meredith and Mom after arriving home tonight (hence the red noses)

23 weeks pregnant :)

3 comments:

natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natalie said...

Cynthia you look wonderful! By 23 weeks preg with Michael I already had people asking "any day now?" - I am in awe of you, you look great! I think it's another girl :) I'm going to be following your basement stuff carefully because we will be looking to do ours in the near future too... please do all the research and hard work so we can then just copy you!

Louie said...

You look great!!!