Thursday, 26 February 2015

The "what if" game

A type of conversation that I have almost daily with Meredith:

We're driving away from school and it's snowing outside

Meredith: Mom, what if we were stuck in the car from the snow?

Me: You mean, we can't move the car because of all the snow or we can't open the doors because there's too much snow?

Meredith: We can't open the doors.

Me: Well, we would try to get out other ways. We would open the windows.

Meredith: What if they were stuck?

Me: Then we would turn on the car and heat it up, then perhaps they would open.

Meredith: What if we can't turn on the car?

Me: Then I would try to break in the window.

Meredith: These windows don't break.

Me: Yes, they do. I would find something to break it with.

Meredith: What if it didn't break?

Me: Then we would have to wait in the car for someone to come and rescue us, or call someone with my phone.

Meredith: What if no one comes and your phone doesn't work?

Me: Then I guess we'll have to sing songs by ourselves and slowly starve to death. Or hope that a Chinook comes and we're saved.

Meredith: But, what if...

Me: That's enough, kiddo.




1 comment:

Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Adorable!
She is such a smart little girl.
And persistant! Ha!