Wednesday, 3 October 2012

It's already October!

It's been a very busy September at the Miller household. I expected that things would pick up with me starting my PhD, but with readings, field trips, papers to write and scholarships to apply for, I've hardly had a spare moment. Luckily, I've been able to do most of my work after the girls go to bed, but that's bad news for the blog, as that's when I would usually post things. I'll try to keep it up though! Perhaps I might recruit John to write a guest post or two ;)

We have had a wonderful, warm fall. It's hard to believe that we didn't have to bring in our tomatoes until the 1st of October. I actually had large tomatoes ripening on the vine, something that really hasn't happened for me in the eight years I've gardening in this city. Here are the pictures to prove it!
...
 Merrie picking the cherry tomatoes (her favourite - she eats them like candy)

"My pick tatoes too!"

Charlotte attempting some heavy lifting
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a bumper crop! Congratulations!!!!
Love
Mom