We have about 250 cookies cutters in our storage room (not a word of a lie - we have two 100-piece sets, plus the ones I inherited from my Mom) and I often feel badly about them just sitting there, underused. So, Meredith and I made a variety of heart-shaped Valentine's Day sugar cookies on the weekend. The
recipe is one of the best I've tried (light and buttery and the perfect degree of crispness) and one batch makes a generous amount of rolled cookies. I decided to stop fighting nature and instead of working on rolling out one piece of dough together, I gave Merrie her own mini rolling pin and piece of dough. She went to town while I tried to ignore the floury mess that accumulated on the floor under her chair. I had to keep reminding myself that the fun makes the clean-up worthwhile (right??).
Icing the cookies took less time than I thought as I happened to have leftover pink
buttercream icing sitting in my freezer. Merrie's passion lies in putting on sprinkles rather than spreading on the frosting, so together we make a great team!
If you happen to have a craving for pink heart-shaped sugar cookies, we have lots to share :)
...
Putting on the sprinkles


The finished product

A happy customer. Notice she selected the cookie with the highest sprinkle to surface area ratio.
1 comment:
Awesome job you two!! Love the sprinkles.
Love Grandma
Post a Comment