When my Nana died, I was bequeathed a box containing all of her costume jewelry. I knew at some point I would share the box with the girls, but I was waiting for the right moment. Today, that moment arrived. Meredith and Charlotte were fighting over a couple of necklaces that Meredith owns. While trying to referee, I thought about the box sitting in the basement with necklaces galore. I brought both girls downstairs and explained to them that I was going to give them a box and they had to share the contents. The girls were thrilled with everything inside and Meredith decided she had to wear every single necklace. Her shoulders were hardly wide enough to support them all. Thanks for the gift Nana - the girls enjoyed it!
...

Merrie wearing her strawberry costume, her red shoes and all of Nana's necklaces

This picture makes me laugh - Charlotte and Merrie were playing together outside this afternoon and I found Charlotte wearing an inflatable tube around her neck. I don't which is more likely, that Charlotte did it to herself, or Meredith decided to decorate her sister :)
1 comment:
Wow, that's a lot of jewelery!! They sure had a great time. This reminds me of another two little girls and the "pop beads" from Grandma Hagstrom. Always fun!!!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment