Friday, 4 November 2011

Happy Halloween

Charlotte and Meredith had a wonderful time trick-or-treating this year. Charlotte was a puppy and Meredith a strawberry. This picture is typical of the mood at our house lately - Meredith was upset that I asked her to stop staring at the pumpkin and look at the camera, while Charlotte hated her puppy head and was thrusting trying to get out of John's arms.

That said, one day I'm sure I'll look back on this photo and only remember the good things - like the fact that Meredith insisted on a happy jack-o-lantern and picked out the face herself. And that Charlotte quickly caught on to the premise of trick-or-treating and was wandering around people's living rooms, helping herself to candy from the bowl (we'll have to work on manners next year). And the fact that Meredith never failed to say (or shout) thank-you at every front door. And when Daddy brought Charlotte home, she sat herself on the family room floor and dumped all the candy out of her bucket, just to go through the exercise of putting it all back in, all the while excitedly shaking the small Smarties boxes until I finally gave in and opened one for her.

I love my kids :)
...

2 comments:

Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Cynthia I love this post.
You have such a warm love with your amazing family.
So well said. Thanks for sharing about a special day.

Anonymous said...

Cynthia: What a great mom! Good for you for recognizing that, in spite of things, there is always a bright side.

Love, Wendy