Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Fresh from the vine makes all the difference

Meredith had an eventful day at daycare - she was reaching for a toy on a shelf and lost her balance, resulting in a fall and a cut just below her eyebrow. Daycare called John and said that she might need to see a doctor, so I went to pick her up early. The cut wasn't that bad so I decided to just come home instead.

As the growing season is coming to a close, I like to regularly check on the status of my veggie garden. Merrie followed me right in and immediately had her eye on the red ripe cherry tomatoes. She commonly asks for a cherry or grape tomato when I'm eating them, but never likes the taste and spits it out after one bite.

But not today! She grabbed a bunch of them off the vine and after spitting out the first one ate probably 5 or 6 of them. It created quite a mess on her shirt but I was so pleased she was actually eating them that I encouraged her to eat as many as possible. Apparently there is hope for the fussy eater!
...
Making her way into the garden

Grabbing tomato #1

Almost got it...

Leaving the scene of the crime

It may be a mess...

...but it sure is tasty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Carolyn says, Nothing tastes better than fresh, right out of the garden! That a girl!!