Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Our new kitchen

John and I were sitting in the basement one weekday night in February and decided we should do a kitchen reno. Of course, it's taken a lot longer then we expected (over 5 months) but we can finally say we're done (well, enough that we could take a picture). It's the last major improvement to be made on our top 2 floors - now we only have the basement and the driveway!
...
The kitchen before (August 2004)
After! (August 2009)

We put in a new cork floor, got the cabinets painted, updated the lighting and hardware, and got new appliances, countertop, paint, trim and backsplash.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the kitchen looks great! This post also has fulfilled the Divine Design void in my life right now! Thank you!
Erin

natalie said...

That looks awesome! I can't believe what a difference painting the cabinets made, wow! Great work!

Unknown said...

Love it!! Everything looks wonderful. Great work you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love the back splash! You painted the little cabinet too, great job!
Mom

Louie said...

Your kitchen looks AMAZING - you guys have great taste! If you ever want to give up this whole geology thing... oh wait, it would be a tie between cake decorating and kitchen decorating!!
:)

Astrid said...

That looks awesome - I love the backsplash ... it is amazing what a difference a coat of paint and normal sized baseboards can do! I would like to know who ever thought a sunshine ceiling was a good idea? I bet you were glad to get rid of that. I am sure you enjoy it everyday!